Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Moving on...

I've come to accept my fate. My marriage is over but not for the reasons I have stated before. I've made my mistakes and lied and it has been severe. But I have tried to be a better person, I was already in counseling and this just reaffirmed that I need more. I still have a way to go.

My marriage is over because I am the only one who has been fighting for it for a very long time. Marriage or any long term relationship, is hard work and it is when it is tested the most, that's when you find the resolve of the individuals in it is truely discovered. I have always loved and fought for my wife. She has not. She has conceded things but that only leads to resentment and animosity. I have always been told by her I needed to work on "my issues" but where was she to work on "our issues" or "her issues"... When the going got tough, she quit. A pattern of behavior I have seen A LOT in the last 13 years.

I do not hate my wife. On the contrary, I love her. I just cannot fight for something that I'm the only one that wants it....

Jennifer, I wish you all the best.... But I am moving on...

No comments: